The Hepatitis C Aware Project is an Initiative of the Northern AIDS Connection Society which has been funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada. If you or someone you know is living with Hepatitis C or for more information about Hepatitis C, email Joey McFoogle.
There is no vaccine for Hepatitis C, so the best approach is to avoid exposure to blood that contains the virus.
Risk for Hep C Virus Contact !!
* People who have received a blood transfusion, blood products, organ or tissue transplant prior to June 1990
* Shared injection drug use equipment
* Using cocaine by snorting and sharing straws
* Long term hemodialysis
* Exposure to contaminated blood in an occupation such as Emergency Services or Health Care
* Shared use of personal items such as razors, toothbrushes or nail clippers that could have blood on them
* Piercing and tattooing in unsterilized environments
*Blood being present in vaginal or seminal fluid during unprotected sex with a partner living with HCV